Massage is often promoted as a stress elimination solution, which it is rightly so. But, what you may not know is that, it also indirectly helps with muscle growth.
In this article, you will learn how Raynor Massage can benefit your weight training session.
Research has shown that recovery process is just as important as a strenous weight training workout. Massage speeds up this recovery process, and helps prevent muscle injury that might rise from putting them under high repetitive strain,
Depending on how intensive the massage is, it will also help with:-
1. Flexibility– Rigourous workouts, especially high intensity workouts, can result in increase muscle tension. Massage can mitigate this problem by stretching the muscle fibers.
2. Circulation– The improved blood circulation that massage provides, aids a lot with speeding up the recovery process, as well as increasing your performance output for the overall workout. Tight muscles can prevent smooth blood flow and cause metabolite buildup. Getting a massage can prevent the occurance of both of these problems.
3. Sleep – Getting a full night of rest is vital to a healthy recovery process. A deep tissue massage helps put you at a relaxed state of mind so your sleeping patterns are structured to give you a long and deep sleep.
Relaxation may seem to be a natural tendency when one is in the beautiful coastal city of Swansea, Wales. Stunning cliffs and scenic ocean views surround this historic and culturally rich city.
However, this might not be enough for many of its residents or visitors, who are in need or constantly look forward to massage therapies. Luckily, there are plenty of options for centers or spas that offer more than just the typical relaxing massage but rather the more therapeutic types of massage.
Therapeutic massage is a type of massage that has the end goal of therapy rather than relaxation. Most professional massages can have therapeutic benefits depending on its application. It is usually more intense than the typical relaxation massage. Therapeutic massage specialists or professionals are adept in employing deeper friction massages that target specific benefits.
Some therapeutic massages are even recommended by health care professionals to supplement patient care. There are different types of therapeutic massages in Swansea. Some of the most common ones are deep tissue massage, Swedish massage, and Shiatsu massage. Swedish massage is a full body therapeutic massage that mostly applies the use of pressure to relieve aches and pains.
Deep tissue massage, which is just another form of Swedish massage, is mostly used on the deeper muscular layers to treat various levels of pains around the back and neck area and the fascia. The Shiatsu, on the other hand, is a type of full-body therapeutic massage that uses a combination of techniques using the fingers, thumbs, and palms to apply pressure and assist in joint manipulation.
The benefits of therapeutic massage are extensive to say the least, as even one massage session can have tremendous impact on any person’s stress level. Stress relief and relaxation are the most basic benefits of therapeutic massage. It also promotes better breathing, circulation and posture.
Regular sessions of therapeutic massage can help lower a person’s blood pressure and improve overall flexibility and range of motion. It can even strengthen the immune system altogether. It is true that those who suffer from chronic pain and illnesses can benefit extremely from regular sessions of therapeutic massage. However, anyone can really take advantage of this type of massage.
People who are undergoing rehabilitation or physical therapy can use therapeutic massage as a treatment supplement. Athletes can also use sports massage as a means of physical therapy with or without injury-related reasons. Also, anyone who wishes to benefit from the positive effects therapeutic massage can bring may take advantage of it anytime.
In Swansea, the cost of therapeutic massage can range anywhere from £40 to well upwards of £60. Prices will vary depending on the location of the massage center or spa and also depending on the massage therapist.
It is imperative to make sure that the massage therapist performing the therapeutic massage is a licensed professional to prevent any injuries that may be caused by improper application of deep massage techniques. After all, the purpose of therapeutic massage is to relieve stress and pains, not cause it.
Understanding how to relax is key to continued good health and wellness. Moreover, relaxation helps promote energy, passion, and joy in your life. If you allow stress to overtake your life, it can result in weight gain, depression, illness, and a general sense of discontent.
Therefore, it is important to learn how to manage your stress and relax. Here are some ways to achieve tranquility and relaxation. For this article, we will consider a few different styles of massage aimed at fostering relaxation.
1. Trigger Point Therapy – This style of massage is specifically designed to alleviate the origins of pain via cycles of isolated pressure and release. By definition, a trigger point is a tight or constricted area within muscle tissue that causes pain in other parts of the body.
2. Deep Tissue Massage – This massage technique focuses on the deepest layer of muscle tissue to alleviate tension knots and chronic muscle fatigue. This is an increasingly popular form of massage and is now widely considered a mainstream treatment option for chronic pain. This style of massage is closely associated with Swedish Massage.
3. Reflexology – This style of massage applies pressure to areas in the feet and hands referred to as “reflex zones.” Application of pressure to these areas ameliorates stress, conditions of the feet and ankles, as well as promotes overall relaxation throughout the body.
4. Swedish Massage – This massage technique is very popular throughout the world. It involves light to medium pressure application to target areas in order to reduce pain, improve mood, alleviate stress, and promote relaxation. This style of massage is closely associated with Deep Tissue Massage.
5. Geriatric Massage – This massage technique focuses on alleviating stress, anxiety, and depression while maintaining the health and enhancing the overall sense of well-being in elderly clients. This form of therapy could be administered on an outpatient basis or as part of a care plan at a facility.
The massage therapies listed above are only a sampling of the various techniques available, but it is a good overview of the different styles of massage aimed at fostering relaxation.
Hi, my name is Sylvia Roberts and this is my blog.
The purpose and goal of the blog is to give out information about how I work and what I find important, I have relocated to Swansea recently and intend to set up shop here very shortly, meanwhile I want to keep this blog moving by posting useful information.
I am free to come to your home to perform massages and braiding.